Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) announced that the annual International RoadCheck will take place May 5-7. Commercial motor vehicle inspectors will conduct inspections on vehicles and drivers throughout North America.
This year’s RoadCheck focus is on roadside inspection driver requirements. These are the top 10 driver-related violations found during these inspections:
- Failure to use a seat belt while operating a commercial vehicle
- Record of duty status violation
- Operating a property-carrying vehicle without a valid medical certificate
- Operating a commercial motor vehicle without a CDL
- False report of record of duty status
- ELD – no record of duty status (ELD is required)
- No medical certificate in driver’s possession
- Driver’s record of duty status not current
- Driver failed to maintain supply of blank records of duty status graph grids
- Driver failed to maintain ELD instruction sheet
If no critical violations are found during an inspection, a CVSA decal will be applied to the vehicle, indicating that the vehicle successfully passed a decal-eligible inspection.
Schedule service at your local MHC dealer to be RoadCheck ready before May!